In March 2019, the Wellington Branch of NZ Founders visited Isabel's historic cottage in Upper Hutt.
It was built about 1910 as an addition to the main house on the site and used to house the chauffeur and his wife. All the washing was done there for the Crawford family who owned the big house. The cottage was moved to the front of the site about 2005 and subdivided from the main house. Isabel has tastefully furnished her cottage with family heirlooms. An additional treat was a visit to the Chapman Taylor house, “The Doll’s House” a neighbouring house that was built on a raised section overlooking the Royal Wellington Golf Course. We all had an enjoyable day.